LabRoots – Cannabis Sciences Virtual Event 2019
Marcel Bonn-Miller, PhD – Research Director, The Lambert Center for the Study of Medicinal Cannabis & Hemp, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Med
Dr. Marcel O. Bonn-Miller earned a BA in psychology and PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Vermont. He completed a pre-doctoral clinical psychology internship at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System and a joint postdoctoral fellowship at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System & Stanford University School of Medicine. Widely considered one of the early and leading research pioneers in the field of cannabis and mental health, Dr. Bonn-Miller has conducted seminal work on the interrelations between cannabis and a range of health conditions, including pain, anxiety, HIV, PTSD, and sleep disorders.
Cannabis Research: The Short Road Traveled and the Long Road Ahead
There are currently 33 states and the District of Columbia that have legalized medical marijuana. The research supporting its medical use, however, lags behind current policy efforts. This talk will begin by providing an overview of cannabis, including its constituents, the landscape of available consumer cannabis products, and the nuanced regulatory climate within which cannabis currently resides. The research literature pertaining to the therapeutic potential of cannabis, underlying mechanisms of action, as well as common risks associated with cannabis use will then be reviewed. The talk will conclude with a discussion of recent and emerging areas of cannabis research.
1. Broad understanding of the conditions for which there is solid evidence of cannabinoid therapeutic effects
2. Understanding of the conditions for which medicinal cannabis research is lacking
3. Understanding of the consequences associated with cannabis use
Earn PACE Credits:
1. Make sure you’re a registered member of LabRoots (
2. Watch the webinar on YouTube or on the LabRoots Website (
3. Click Here to get your PACE credits (Expiration date – March 27, 2021 06:00 AM):
LabRoots on Social: